Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 10..I think....parallels in life is the topic...

I'm attempting to write this blog and watch my one year old at the same time....and the observation a good friend once had is that 'multi-tasking is multi-stupid.'  So I've decided to put this task aside for an hour or so and take Liam for a stroll around the neighborhood...it's such a better way for me to spend my time...I'll get to this, for want of a better description, less important task in my life later...

Now is later and I'm going to give my best shot at trying to explain how I'm seeing so many parallels in life.  Specifically about becoming the best at something you're trying to achieve.  I've applied myself and have written a book about leading a fit and healthy life.  I'm leading a fit and healthy life.  I'm now in a position to make a living from my hard work and realize that just because I want to be a best selling novelist doesn't mean I'm going to be.  Nor am I going to be a whiz at social media, because I want to be.

No, I'm going to have to work incredibly hard at it and, if I'm lucky will get the results I want.  Which is just the same as someone else wanting to be fit and healthy and expecting that to be the case because they join a gym!  The dilemma that I have is very similar to the one a new member has - "do I do it myself or hire a pro?"  Like most new members I'm going to, because of finances, go on my own to start off with.  With the help of Melissa who I mentioned earlier and the 2 books she suggested I buy.

I'm pretty confident I'm going to make some pretty good progress right out of the gate because I've got momentum on my side.  Then I'm going to have to make the decision as to whether I can afford to hire a pro to take me to the next level.  I've got a sneaky suspicion that said pro would be recommending I do something more productive with my time than writing this blog that nobody is going to read!  Just like the new member walking 3 miles an hour on the treadmill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment