Friday, April 6, 2012

This has to be day 20 by now...tempus fugit!

I love the saying "the days are long but the years are short."  It's such an accurate way to describe life when you're a parent of 2 small boys, an entrepreneur, work 30 plus hours a week as a personal trainer, a husband, a wanna be gardener, a novelist (best selling novelist in the O'Keefe household), and compete in various road races!

Hence the reason why I've been unable (actually I should say 'have chosen') not to keep up with my blogging.  And I'm torn.  I haven't been blogging because I know nobody reads what I write because very few people go to my site because my book still isn't published...etc. etc.  And that will change soon.  On the other hand the mere act of sitting here and writing makes me feel happy!  So I've got the author(s) of some books saying what I'm doing isn't going to get me where I want to be from a business stand point and other authors on the lines of Eric Fromm or James Allen saying "be who you're supposed to be and you will be rewarded" or words to that effect...hmmm...

Okay then I'll keep writing for a few more minutes until the family wake up.  And I think it's going to be about me!!  And my running.  You (and I know there is no you out there, but I'll stick with myself on this thought) may or may not remember that I tore my knee up last year.  It's probably about 6 months ago now.  I really thought I was done from running.  Seriously.  It was so painful just to walk.  Well, I rehabbed and worked at it and dipped my toe in the water of running etc.  And had my biggest breakthrough yesterday out running with a client.  We did some speed work in between lifting weights and not only was I running the fastest I've run in 10 years I was also doing it on the grass and dirt on the side of the road!  Potholes, lumps, bumps and hills the whole way and I not only survived it I'm feeling great this morning! 

So on that note about me...I'll sign off and get back at it....I'm really optimistic I'll get my book back from the 'expert' I hired to format it for me today...fingers crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment