Sunday, April 15, 2012

race season start this week!! today is day...hmm....don't know!

This time last year I was getting ready for the first triathlon of the season...actually make that triathlons...I was a member of 2 relay teams...I swam in the sprint with James (my client who is the poster child for overcoming obstacles - he's a throat cancer survivor who breaths through a hole in his neck) and then did the half marathon for Toby who swam and rode.  This year it's just going to be a half marathon.  Which may be an issue because I haven't run that fat since...let me think...oh yes, last years race!!!

I'm excited to get the season kicked off though.  But I know I have to get my crap together when it comes to my writing!  When I had to write my book I wrote.  Now that I don't have to write my book I don't.  And it's not a good behavior/habit for me to have.  I love writing, so why don't I?  Because I've let my mechanism for writing slide.  Hmm....sounds very similar to the whole premise of my book doesn't it?  So I think it's time for me to set some writing goals to go along with my racing goals.  But first I'm off to edge the lawn and then take the boys to the Charleston Bed Race...fond memories of college...

No comments:

Post a Comment