Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Slow and Steady....

As it's one of the chapters of my book, and a credo of mine, I guess I'm practicing what I preach by writing on Tuesday morning....only a few days after my last entry.  It's interesting how the urgency of getting my book done got me out of bed early in the morning (like I am right now) but the desire to write here in this blog doesn't have the same impact.

So that got me to thinking.  Which is never a good thing!!  It's blatantly obvious that I'm not very good at getting stuff done - as well as I'd like to think I am.  Unless there's something big and audacious attached to it.  Like writing a book.  Or, in this next case, starting a marathon and half marathon training group to raise money for racing wheelchairs for children with special needs. 

I know me and I know what makes me tick/work/perform/follow through.  And I'm going to stake my reputation on me doing so with this chapter of my life as well as this new one I'm about to embark upon.  It's odd but sometimes you just have to go with what works and not question it.  So, I'm thinking I'll use this part of my life as a platform for more writing that my sons will one day get to read and understand what makes their dad tick!

No comments:

Post a Comment