Monday, October 1, 2012

To blog or not to blog (I stole that!)

It's been a looong time since I've sat here and typed on this specific tab of my screen.  And it's interesting why I'm doing it.  I'm lazy and haven't blogged.  I have a client who is fat and was supposed to be training with me this morning but isn't answering his phone.  So I've decided to use his half hour to peck and hunt and get started back.

On the surface there's very little difference between me not writing here and him not showing up at the gym or eating what he's supposed to eat so he can reach his health and fitness goals.  We are both being lazy.  The difference is my decision to not do what I say I was going to do doesn't really affect anyone else.  My laziness has an impact on me only.  In his case though there's a lot more of a trickle down effect. 

I'm a firm believer in the observation "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree."  And in his case I'm convinced that his son is going to be fat like him as well.  Actually make that fatter than him.  Having said that I'm planning on being far less politically correct with my observations about people and their habits than I have in the past.  I know I'm going to piss a lot of people off when I say "nope, you can't eat that" or "that's going to kill you."  But I can't think of any other way to get my point across. 

A recent report said that by 2030 more than 50% of the population will be obese.  If that's the case then another 40% will be overweight.  That's a terrifying prospect.  And from what I can see there's nothing being done about it!  Nothing!  So I'm going to do my small part. 

And right now that means making oatmeal for the family for breakfast.  Thank you Tom for paying me to write!!

No comments:

Post a Comment